Sales focuses on the interaction between people. Many people fear being seen as a â€˜salespersonâ€™. Use the tips below as a refresher or pointer on how to sell more comfortably.
- Focus on the customer/client:when selling it is 90% about what the customer wants and only 10% about you!
- Listen:customers want to be heard and respected, listen well.
- Be positive:if you canâ€™t be positive about your product or service, donâ€™t try selling it!
- Build rapport: make the customer comfortable by building rapport through eye contact, body language, even the handshake.
- Be confident: practice may not make perfect, but it certainly helps you to improve. Build your confidence through practice or through attending clubs like Toastmasters
- Be balanced: many people focus so much on the details of their product and service that they donâ€™t focus enough on the sales process. Tell them what they need to know â€" not all you know.
- Dont overstretch: only agree to sell what you know you can deliver. Most clients are happy to start smaller and build up, but they rarely forgive you for knowingly overselling!
- Have fun: sales is a game, treat it as one and enjoy the selling process!